The below resources were developed by Heather Thalheimer and their ministry at Faith Fusion in New Hampshire. Please take at their beautiful presentation and use them as needed!
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
In our ministry in New Hampshire, we have developed some resources that we wish to offer you to support your efforts to share the Blessing. These resources include:
- A PowerPoint Presentation and Script that is a companion to the book “More Than Marriage: Love as God Intended.” This presentation goes into detail not presented in the book.
- A simple two-sided brochure that includes an explanation of the Blessing and a personal invitation to participate in the Marriage Blessing Movement. This has been useful for handouts at festivals and door-to-door.
- A PDF, “Educating for True Love”, a resource for teaching the Divine Principle. It was published years ago by the International Education Foundation but still has a great deal of relevance for today.
- A free e-book or hard copy for purchase of “More Than Marriage” can be obtained at loveasgodintended.org. The free e-book is now available in French and Polish. loveasgodintended.org/download/download-love-as-god-intended-e-book-here/. We find it helpful in seminars to give the book to participants to take home with them as a reminder of what they learned in the presentation.
- A promotional video that you can show at church or post on social media. You can find it at youtu.be/STY-4T2DgzE
Why we made these resources
Members of our community were asked by prospective couples to explain the meaning of the Blessing. This is what motivated me to publish “More Than Marriage: Love As God Intended.” We then took it a step further by creating a presentation that is a companion to the book to provide additional information and depth.
Our experience using the presentation
We have given this presentation a number of times and each time it was well received and motivated all guests to receive the Blessing. One seminar included three pastors who all asked for a copy of the PowerPoint so that they could share it in their own churches. It was this request that caused us to make a more professional presentation with a script and other resources.
Looking to the future
We hope to develop more educational resources for couples so that they can further develop their life of faith and relationship as a Blessed couple while learning more about the profound life lessons contained within the Divine Principle.
I wish you great success in all your efforts to share the Blessing. I hope these materials can be of assistance to you. I would also love to hear about the resources you are using.
With best wishes,