The Blessing & Family Ministry has relaunched a Special Needs Ministry for families of children with disabilities. With this ministry, we hope to support these families in the following ways:
- Creating a forum for discussion and networking.
- Serving as a conduit for potential Matching conversations and Blessings to occur for children with special needs.
- Recommending best practices both internally and externally.
- Suggesting helpful resources (agencies, non-profits, publications, etc.).
- Publishing inspiring testimonies and uplifting success stories.
- Helping families know they are not alone in their challenges by facilitating healing communication.
- Working together to achieve long term plans of creating programs and facilities to support these families.
Online Discussion Group
As part of this program, we have opened an online discussion group, a forum where members can network, suggest ideas and resources, and share their hearts. We hope this can help create an environment of support so members do not feel they are alone in their situations.
To join the group, visit the Facebook group below and then request access by clicking on Join.
Once you request to join the group, one of our staff will send you the group guidelines and add you to the group. Once you are added to the group, feel free to start a discussion, ask a question or respond to other’s posts.
Online Matching System for Special Needs Candidates
The Online Matching System (OMS) is a service used in conjunction with the Blessed Family Departments internationally in the Unification Movement to help individuals find their Heavenly Spouse. It is a database that can be used by anyone who seeks the Marriage Blessing.
OMS is preparing to incorporate a section specifically for members with special needs that will take into account the unique situations of these candidates. In order to do this, new programming will need to be created (by a third party). The cost will be $5,000 and OMS is currently raising funds to support this endeavor. Please go to cheon-il-guk.org/donate if you feel you can offer something in support.
Would You Like to Be Involved?
We hope to hear from you. We need testimonies to inspire our families and volunteers to support projects. We also want to know how we can help you. Please contact Steve Honey at firstname.lastname@example.org.