In Memory of Julia B. Kim( - 2014)
- Julia Kim
- Dr. Christopher Kim
- Ascension Date
- October 20, 2014
Dr. Julia Kim & Dr. Christopher
Dr. Julia Kim and her husband, Dr. Christopher Him, co-founders of the International Cultural and Educational Foundation (ICEF), were born in South Korea and came to the U.S. in 1992. Since their marriage in 1970, they have been pioneering and working in Asia for the past 38 years. Currently, they serve as Co-Continental Directors (covering 21 Asian countries) of the Unification Movement International. As a couple, they are both experienced and garnered remarkable achievements. It was their earnest sacrifices in their various fields of work which resulted in contributions that have impacted the lives of countless people in Asia. Their accomplishments include:
- Founded the International Cultural and Educational Foundation, New Jersey, USA.
- Founded the Unification Theological Seminary/ International Leadership College, Tanay, Rizal, Philippines
- Hosted and co-organized the Global Peace Festival 2007, in partnership with 60 government agencies, NGOs, religious organizations, media, academia and arts, Manila Philippines.
- Energized and expanded membership in the Unification Movement in Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Nepal;
- Organized nucleus of UM in India, Myanmar, Laos, Indonesia, East Timor, Singapore, Burma;
- Coordinated and promoted participation of Asian delegations in more the forty international conventions, seminars, symposia of the Unification Movement in USA, Japan, Korea and China.
- Organized and conducted more than 10 conventions and conferences in Manila, Taipei, and Bangkok, initiated by UM International.
- In the Philippines, expanded the movement from a pioneering stage to sixty regional centers, fourteen affiliate organizations with various chapters nationwide. Present membership is composed of 2,000 fulltime members, 10,563 core home members 54,453 associate members, hundreds of thousands of blessed family members, and more than two thousand VIP supporters.
They received awards from True Parents for their outstanding contribution which include:
- Outstanding Achievement Award: (Thailand, 1988), (Philippines, 1998),
- (Asia Mission, 2004), (World Level Mission, 2005) from Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon
- Best Continental Director Award 1998 from Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon
- Asian Father and Mother Award from Philippines Government,
- Peace Award from President Fidel Ramos of the Philippines
- US Congress Award for Public Service
Dr. Christopher Kim received a Bachelor Degree of Arts from Young Nam University, South Korea; Masters Degree in Religious Education from the Unification Theological Seminary, New York, U.S.A.; PhD. in Philosophy from Sun Moon University in Seoul, Korea and in Educational Management from De La Salle University, Philippines. Dr. Julia Kim has a Masters degree in Religious Education and received Honorary Doctorate Degree from Lyceum University, Philippines.
The Kim couple served briefly as Continental Directors of the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification (FFWPU) in the United States in 2008, after completing almost 20 years of service as the Continental Directors of the Asia region, where they led FFWPU in many nations from the early stages of pioneering to become a movement with national influence, planting churches and establishing schools, non-profits and related businesses.
A Letter of Love from the Unificationist Families in Thailand
Dear Dr. Kim and the Kim Family,
The Thai Unificationist families and I pray for the ascension of Mrs. Kim that she may become a close assistant to True Father in the spirit world with the mission of realizing Cheon Il Guk (Kingdom of God) on earth and in heaven. Our Thai Unificationist families would like to express our deep love and condolences and encouragement for Dr. Kim and his family.
We would like to express the deepest gratitude and love toward Mrs. Kim, who was like an Omma (mother) to the Thai and Asian Unificationists. Dr. Kim, who was like the Appa (father) to us, and Omma Kim had expressed tremendous love, investment, care, kindness and had taught us and raised us up until Thailand had a foundation to receive the blessings from True Parents that we have today.
Omma Kim will be in the hearts and memories of the Thai families always. Our gratitude toward her will be forever. We shall inherited from her such a beautiful heart, faith and conviction toward God and True Parents. We will always honor and remember her Legacy of Peace that she invested so much into Thailand and we will keep this Legacy as our inspiration of True Love and Filial Piety toward Heaven forever.
We love Mrs. Kim, our Omma of Thai Unificationist Families.
National Leader of Thailand
- Seoul, South Korea