Over the years, the BFM has supported and educated families through the matching process, which is a tested and true method of helping people find a potential spouse, start healthy communication habits, build a relationship based on commitment and faith, and receive the Marriage Blessing.
This matching process is outlined in these two publications:
- Family Matching Handbooks: This handbook is designed for individuals who are working with the support of their parents to search for spouse. (available in Japanese!)
- Finding the One: This handbook is for individuals and close friends of our faith community who are interested in the matching process, and for those who will support them, to inherit the beautiful tradition of matching and Marriage Blessing. (available in Japanese and Spanish!)
Here are five things you can gain from reading the Matching Handbook:
1. Confidence in what the matching process entails and how to navigate it.
2. Enhanced communication between you and your parents, child, or Matching Supporter.
3. Valuable insights from the experiences of others who have gone through the matching process.
4. A personalized Matching Plan.
5. A wonderful spouse or son/daughter-in-law (by applying what you learn).
We’ve also published e-books on Amazon Kindle!